Maelynn's FIRST Valentine's Day!

Maelynn's FIRST Valentine's Day 2017!
This year was Maelynn's FIRST Valentine's Day! I found this adorable outfit a few months ago at The Children's Place and couldn't wait to let her wear it today. Even though we stayed in this evening, she was turning heads everywhere we went today. We did make it to the gym today at the Robinhood Road Family YMCA. We decided to join recently as a family and it was one of the best decisions we have made lately. The baby and I try to go in the mornings and we all go together as a family on the weekends. Maelynn has a bit of separation anxiety at first when she goes into the nursery there, but usually after my warm up she is calmed back down. After we left, we went to Lowes Grocery Store so that I could pick up a few things for the homemade dinner I had planned this evening.

Love giving gifts 
 When everyone woke up this morning, I had their gift baskets that I made for them on display. I made a quick run down to the Dollar Tree last night to grab some Valentine's Day balloons to top them off. I love giving gifts to the people I love and I was so excited for them to wake up and see their surprises I had made them. My mom had also shipped some gifts to us and they arrived just in time! A few days ago the kids and I made Keith this painted feet canvas. It was easier said than done. We had paint all over the place and the baby wouldn't sit still long enough to really get a good foot print. Oh well, sometimes its the thought that counts. It said, "From the bottom of our hearts to the tips of our toes... we love you!" At least we had fun making it. Kamden picked out some Reese cups for Keith, his favorite. Too bad he is on a recent health kick. Since he is into being fit lately, I made his gift basket full of healthy snacks like pistachios, beef jerky and protein Cliff bars. I also found him a new gym bag he had been needing and a few travel size men's toiletries to go with it. He also loves to golf, so I found this cute idea to make a heart shaped box of golf balls that said, "Have a ball!" Better than a box of chocolates which I know he would never eat. I also got him a gift certificate for a round of golf at Oak Valley in Advance. He brought home chocolate covered strawberry's from Kelwin's and an array of new Pajamas and intimates from Soma. I've never tried anything from there before, and they are the best feeling and most comfy pajamas I've ever had! He also found Kamden a stuffed Daddy and baby Meerkat, which brought back memories of when Kamden was little and we used to watched hours of the show "Meerkat Manor" on the Discovery Channel. Kamden used to impersonate them when he was only 2 years old and it was hilarious. He loved it so much! He also liked his gift from his Queenie, a Bruder toy he had his eyes on for weeks. I filled the kids baskets with mostly everything they needed and a new lego set for Kamden.

That's a lot of love right there
When Keith got home I had cooked a three course dinner homemade. First course was a strawberry pecan salad with toasted baguette in olive oil and herb dipping sauce. Second course was fillet Mignon with sauteed garlic mushrooms (was supposed to be Merlot mushroom sauce, but I forgot a main ingredient), red skinned mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. We were too stuffed for dessert, so tomorrow we have a NY cheesecake calling our name (Keith's favorite).

Comments

Popular Posts