Baby's FIRST Snow Day!

Baby's FIRST snow!
This is our first winter back in North Carolina in 6 years! It has definitely been awhile since we have seen snow. The last time was in winter 2011 when we lived in Asheville right before we moved to Florida. Kamden was not even a year and half year old and not old enough to remember or play in it too much. So this was kind of his first real snow day too... one where all he wanted to do was sled, build snowmen and stay out in the cold all day! After moving to Florida we slowly got rid of all of winter clothes. At first we hung onto a few things, but never came to NC enough the past few winters to keep all of those bulky coats and things. So for Christmas, Kamden got a new winter coat, snow suit and boots and I had found a baby bunting snow suit for the baby at Gap last summer on sale. So the kids were all decked out and ready to go, us... not so much. I did ask Keith for a new North Face winter jacket for Christmas and I had bought him one too originally online and then when I saw it in person I knew it wasn't his style so I returned it. I did pick up Keith some rubber boots when I was grabbing groceries at Walmart and they weren't the stylish things you've ever seen, but they did the trick! We never did have the chance to go and get more snow gear before this storm came, so we made do with what we had. Mine and Keith's two layers of pants didn't last long, so we will have to be more prepared next time around!

Kamden excited to play in the snow!
The snow started to come down on Friday afternoon shortly after I picked Kamden up from school. Kamden's Aunt Sheila (Keith's sister) and her friend Candice decided to drive down for the weekend and get snowed in with us. Of course, I made it to the grocery store first to stock up on all things comfort food before the big storm came. I made homemade chili in the crock pot, taco salad, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, biscuits and gravy... you name it, I made it and we ate it!
Making Snow Angels!
On Saturday, it was so cold the baby couldn't stay out too long. All of us made a family of snow angels... and this is the baby's FIRST snow angel ever! It was funny... she pretty much laid there like a turtle in a shell that got stuck on its back and was looking around for us, like get me up from here people! haha. She was so cute. Her little nose was getting rosy red. That didn't stop Kamden, he was outside playing most of the day. I kept making him come in and warm up by the fire.  Keith got out the GoPro and recorded Kamden sledding. We all took turns and quickly realized... we need a bigger and more sturdier sled!
Building a Snow Man!
By Sunday it was still so cold most of the snow was still there. We got about 6 inches or so I would say. This is a lot of snow for our area, so Kamden was out of school for three days! Keith was back to work by Monday, but we didn't attempt to get out much for a few days. We didn't want to get the baby back out in the cold, so we each took turns playing in it with Kamden. This snow was so cold and dry that it wouldn't even hardly form a snowball to make a snowman... so we made a tiny one! Later in the afternoon, I took Kamden and his friend Bishop who lives in the neighborhood to another big hill across the way and we had so fun sledding down it together! We laughed and giggled so hard, it really made me feel like a kid again. I really do love a good snow day! Although we will have to get acclimated to the cold again, days like this makes me excited to be back in NC where we can enjoy all 4 seasons again.

Comments

Popular Posts